Your NY.gov ID
- I already have a NY.gov ID from another agency. Can I use it for my child support account(s)?
Yes. You can enable a NY.gov ID from another agency for use with your child support account(s).
You will need to validate your child support account(s) with your Social Security Number (SSN) and Personal Identification number (PIN) and link your account(s) to the NY.gov ID you want to use.
Only one NY.gov ID can be enabled for your child support (DCSE) account(s).To enable another NY.gov ID, go to the NY.gov ID Log in page, enter the username you want to use, and follow the instructions.
If you already have a DCSE NY.gov ID and you now want to use another agency's ID instead, your DCSE NY.gov ID will be disabled.
- I can't log in with my NY.gov ID. Where can I get help?
First, try these suggestions:
- Be sure to type your username and password exactly as you created them, with the right combination of UPPERCASE and lowercase letters, numbers, or symbols.
- Try the "Forgot your Username or Password ?" links from the NY.gov ID log-in page. You can have your username e-mailed to you, and you can reset your password online.
- Is your account locked? Wait at least two hours before you try to log in again. If you cannot log in after two hours, you must reset your password. Use the "Forgot Password" link on the NY.gov ID page.
You can also access your child support payment information through the Child Support Information Line (CSIL) at 1-800-846-0773, 24 hours a day, every day. You will need your Social Security number and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your payment information through the CSIL.
- Why do I need a NY.gov ID to access my child support account?
A NY.gov ID protects your personal information at a higher security level.
Also, having your own username and password means you can use something easy to remember. If you forget your username or password, you can get help online 24 hours a day, every day—you don't have to wait to call the Child Support Helpline (CSH) or to receive a new PIN in the mail.
- What information do I need to create or enable a NY.gov ID for my child support account(s)?
- You need your Social Security number (SSN), the child support Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your account(s), and a valid e-mail address.
Creating your NY.gov ID is a one-time process. After you have created your NY.gov ID, you will not use your SSN or PIN to log in again.
- How do I create a new NY.gov ID?
If you don't already have a NY.gov ID, you should complete these steps:
- Verify your identity with your Social Security number
- Verify your child support account(s) with your PIN(s)
- Choose your username and password and enter your e-mail address
- Log in through NY.gov with your new username and password
- Choose security questions and answers (in case you forget your password)
- What if I forget my username or password?
- Use the "Forgot your Username or Password" link from the NY.gov ID log-in page.
- What if my Social Security number doesn't work?
- Contact your local district child support office or call the Child Support Helpline at 1-888-208-4485 (TTY: 1-866-875-9975), Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–7:00 PM.
- What if I don't have a PIN? What if I've forgotten my PIN?
- Call the Child Support Helpline at 1-888-208-4485 (TTY: 1-866-875-9975), Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–7:00 PM. You will need to provide your name, account number, Social Security number, and address.
If you have forgotten your PIN, call the Child Support Helpline at 1-888-208-4485 (TTY: 1-866-875-9975), Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–7:00 PM.
As long as you have the PIN for one account, you can still create or enable your NY.gov ID and access that account. You won't be able to access your other accounts until you can provide the PINs for them. Whenever you log in again, you can enter other PINs and access the accounts associated with those PINs.
- What if I don't have an e-mail address?
- You can get an e-mail address at no charge. Search the internet for "free e-mail account" to see a list of free e-mail services.
- How do I choose a secure username?
- Your username should be something easy for you to remember but hard for anyone else to guess. Do NOT use any personal information in your username. Do not use any part of your name, your birth date, your child's name, your address, etc., because someone else might be able to guess your username.
Your username can contain only lowercase and UPPERCASE letters and numbers. Using a combination of letters and numbers makes your username harder to guess. Note: Your username is case sensitive. You will need to remember which letters are UPPERCASE.
Your username must also be unique. If you choose a username that someone else has already entered, you will be prompted to choose another username.
Do NOT share your username with anyone else!
- How do I create a strong password?
- Your password can be from 8 to 128 characters long. It must contain at least three letters; at least one lowercase letter; at least one UPPERCASE letter; at least one number. Your password may also contain special characters, such as # $ % & * ( ) _ +. Using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols makes your password harder to guess. Note: Your password is case sensitive. You will need to remember which letters are UPPERCASE.
Do NOT share your password with anyone else!
- Can I change my username or password?
- You cannot change your username. If you forget your username, you can recover it through the "Forgot your Username" link from NY.gov ID log-in page.
You CAN add your child support account(s) to another NY.gov ID, such as one from the Deparment of Labor, Motor Vehicles, etc.You can change your password if you wish. Use the "Forgot your Password" link from the NY.gov ID log-in page.
Go to the NY.gov ID Log in page, log in with the username you want to use for child support, and follow the instructions.
- Can I change my e-mail address or security questions and answers?
- Yes. Log in to Account Update with your NY.gov ID username and password to change your e-mail address or security questions and answers. Click Modify Account and then Confirm to save your changes.