How To Apply

The New York State Child Support Program is committed to helping survivors of family violence access child support services safely.

Application for Child Support Services

To apply for child support services, complete and submit an Application for Child Support Services (PDF) (13 pages). Adobe Reader is needed to view the form.

العربيةবাঙালি中文Kreyòl AyisyenItaliano한국어PolskiРУССКИЙESPAÑOLיידיש

Note: Keep pages 1-4 for your reference. These pages contain important information you need to know about child support services. Complete and submit Parts A, B, C to your local child support office.

More than two children with the Other Party?

If you are requesting support for more than two (2) children with the Other Party named in this application, complete and submit Additional Child Information (1 page) for each additional child:

B العربيةবাঙালি B中文 BKreyòl Ayisyen BItaliano B한국어 BPolski BРУССКИЙ BESPAÑOL BB יידיש

Return your completed application to your local child support office.

Are you receiving public assistance?

Anyone who applies for temporary or safety net assistance or Title IV-E foster care automatically receives all child support services. Public assistance recipients do not have to apply for child support services.

Medicaid applicants automatically receive two child support services, to establish parentage and obtain medical support. Medicaid applicants can apply for services to establish and/or enforce child support.

If you apply for Medicaid while you are pregnant or your child is less than 2 months old, you do not need to apply for child support services.

Legal services are available on request. Costs for legal services will be collected from clients who are not receiving public assistance benefits.

Annual Service Fee

Custodial parents may be charged a service fee once a year. The fee is $35 and applies only when all these conditions are met:

  1. The custodial parent has never received assistance through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF).
  2. Child support is being paid to the family.
  3. More than $550 of support is collected and paid to the family during the federal fiscal year (October 1–September 30).

For more information, visit the service fee questions and answers page.