Custodial Parent Services
How do I…?
- Apply for child support services (PDF)
- Request a PIN for an online account
- Set up an online account
- Log in to my online account
- Sign up for Direct Deposit (PDF)
- Get general information about child support services
Apply for Child Support Services
Note: Keep pages 1-4 for your reference. These pages contain important information you need to know about child support services. Complete and submit Parts A, B, and C to your local child support office.
More than two children with the Other Party?
If you are requesting support for more than two (2) children with the Other Party named in this application, complete and submit Additional Child Information (1 page) for each additional child:
For more information, visit How to Apply.
Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN)
You can request a PIN by phone at 1-888-208-4485 (TTY: 1-866-875-9975). If you prefer, you can mail a written request to the following address:
NYS Child Support Processing Center
PO Box 15365
Albany, NY 12212-5365
To receive your PIN, you will need to provide your
- Full name
- Social Security number (SSN)
- Child support account number(s)
- Return address
A written request must also include your signature.
General information about child support services
The following pages are especially for custodial parents:
Child support videos
Our child support videos open automatically in Windows Media player; click the video title to start. If you need to install the Windows Media player, you can download it from the Microsoft Downloads site.
- What You Need to Know about Child Support Hearings and Services, WMV, 20 minutes
Explains what you should bring with you to a child support hearing, what to expect during the hearing, and what to do after you receive a child support order
Court video transcript
Hospital Based Acknowledgment of Paternity, WMV, 16 minutes
Explains when paternity needs to be acknowledged, what signing a voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity form means to the mother, the father, and the child, and who should (or should not) sign this form
Paternity video transcript
Benefits for working parents
Working parents may qualify for a wide range of work supports, including home energy assistance, free or low-cost health insurance, child care, and food and nutritional benefits. Check your eligibility online or call WorkPays NY at 1-800-342-3009.
Annual service fee
On October 1, 2019, the fee increased to $35 and will be applied after more than $550 of support is collected and paid to the family.
Custodial parents may be charged a service fee once a year. The fee applies only when all these conditions are met:
- The custodial parent has never received assistance through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF).
- Child support is being paid to the family.
- More than $550 of support is collected and paid to the family during the federal fiscal year (October 1–September 30).
For more information, visit the service fee questions and answers page.